Skip to main content

heels to perfection

a sexy leg & a killer heels

One of the many unfair truths of life is that you always want what you can’t have. Children can’t wait for the freedom of adulthood, while adults miss their carefree childhood days. Single girls dream about their wedding day, while married women envy the unlimited choices of being single. Blondes long for a stereotype-free life as a brunette, while dark-haired girls wonder if blondes really do have more fun. Skinny girls want to have a little curve, while curvy girls want to be skinnier. Skin tone can be a problem too, pale girls desperately want a tanned exotic skin by lying in tan bed & sun tan for hours, contrary to girls who have darker skin want to be pale & whiter by all means.

As a petite 5'4" girl, I have always wanted to be taller. My ultimate envious goes to girls who have long legs. Oh how I wish I have those beautiful, long, and sexy Cameron Diaz legs, I wouldn't waste my money to buy a sky-scrapper heels.
But the bad news is that I, and many other petite women, sacrifice much more than comfort to gain our inches. According to health professionals, high heels can cause the following problems:

  • Blisters, corns or calluses can develop when high heels throw weight into the ball of your foot.
  • Lower back pain can result when your spine bends backwards to compensate the forward push of your body when you walk in heels.
  • Pain in the ball of your foot, a condition called metatarsalgia, can stem from high heels.
  • Ankle sprains are more likely because your foot position in heels and the often-narrow heel width can make ankles unstable.
  • Achilles tendonitis is a risk. Frequent wearing of heels shortens and tightens calf muscles. This can lead to painful inflammation of the Achilles tendon at the back of your heel.
  • Benign tumors of nerves, called neuromas, can grow between toes. Symptoms may include sharp pain and tingling or numbness of the toes.
  • "Pump bump," or Hagland's deformity, has been linked to women who often wear high heels. This painful bump on the back of the heel bone occurs when the bone rubs against the shoe or a narrow, pointed shoe makes toes curl up.
Fortunately, there are other ways to make that extra inch a little bit comfortable. Yeap, by wearing wedges instead of stilletos. I'm not a huge fan of wedges, but I think I'll reconsider to slip on a pair or two of those in my shoes collection. And you know what? I never buy flat shoes, except when I was still a college student, cos it would be too much if I rock my heels on campus!
Even the Tory Burch's flat is undesirable (for me). I think all dresses look great on taller women, but remember: if everyone wants what they can't have, those naturally tall girls just might want to be you

Anyhow, I always dream to rock a Louboutin or Manolo on my special day (pictures above), instead of that wedges dull shoes :p

the red sole makes me have a shoegasm!

Manolo Blahnik always combines pretty & comfortable

PS: my dream wedding shoes is HERE!

Comments

Demetrius said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
:) it's nice to be taller but i think 5'4" is still average, i'm only about that height as well and some of my taller friends (170 cm above) also have something they don't like about their height

one of them said that being taller sometimes you feel like you have to protect someone instead of being protected (i can't really explain, maybe sometimes they have to hold the umbrella instead of their shorter friends :D)

and also, they feel obliged to find taller guys, while in indonesia most guys are around 170 too :)

so be happy about your height, and if it's not enough we shorter girls can always wear high heels, but the taller ones can't do anything to shorten themselves, right?

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised